As an Associate Science Writer, you will join a lively creative team to support the development of promotional materials for pharmaceuticals, aimed at healthcare professionals. You’ll do this by researching your allocated therapy areas, getting to grips with the relevant clinical data and writing promotional messages that are concise, compelling and compliant.
What does the role entail?
Researching & understanding
- Perform literature searches (peer-reviewed articles/clinical guidelines) to find references to support promotional claims
- Gain an in-depth understanding of allocated client brand and disease areas
- Translate technical content and concepts to colleagues
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently with colleagues across a range of campaigns
- Liaise with creative copywriters on all jobs to ensure that content is expressed in the best way possible for the target audience and medium
- Have involvement at every stage, from pitch to delivery across advertising, brand building, sales materials, digital projects and patient literature
Writing & delivering
- Deliver fully referenced written materials that are on time and on brief, and that comply with the ABPI/EFPIA Code of Practice
- Edit existing materials as required and create highlighted reference packs to assist the approval process
- Work with Traffic Manager/account handlers to manage workload and prioritise tasks in line with changing project timings
To be successful in this position, you'll need:
- MSc or PhD in a life sciences discipline
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Prior healthcare communications experience would be beneficial but is not essential, as full training will be provided
Hit the 'apply' button or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining what you're looking for in your career, why you would be an excellent match for this position, your salary expectations and availability.